NCERT Class 6 History Buildings, Painting and Books Chapter 11 Question Answer for Preparation of Exams. Here we Provide Class 6 History Question Answer, Important Questions, for Various State Boards Students like CBSE, Haryana, uttar pradesh, mp and other state students.
Also Read : – Class 6 History NCERT Solution
NCERT Class 6 History Chapter 11 Buildings, Painting and Books Question Answer Solution.
Buildings, Painting and Books Class 6 History Chapter 11 Question Answer
Textual Questions and Answer for Easy to Understand the Chapter of History.
Q. 1. Match the following:
4. Pradakshina patha
(a) Place where the image of the deity is installed
(c) Circular path around the stupa place in temples where people could assemble
Ans. 1 – b
2 – d
3 – a
4 – c
2. Fill in the blanks :
(a). …………. was a great astronomer.
(b) Stories about gods and goddesses are found in the ……… .
(c) ………… is recognised as the author of the Sanskrit Ramayana.
(d) …………. and …….. are two Tamil epics,
Ans. (a) Aryabhatta
(d) Silappadikaram, Manimekalai.
Q.3. Make a list of the chapters in which you find mention of metal working. What are the metal objects mentioned or shown in those chapters ?
Ans. (A) List of chapters in which we find mention of metal working :
(1) In the Earliest Cities.
(2) What Books and Burials Tell us.
(3) Kingdoms, Kings and An Early Republic.
(4) Vital Villages, Thriving Towns.
(5) Traders, Kings and Pilgrims.
(6) New Empires and Kingdoms.
(7) Buildings, Paintings and Books.
(B) Following metal objects are mentioned or shown is these chapters:
Q.4. Read the story on page 130 (textbook) (Monkey King) In what ways is the monkey king similar to or different from the kings you read about in chapters 6 and 11 ?
Ans. The Monkey king was a great king, who lived on the bank of Ganga in the Himalayas. He was having 80,000 followers, they fed on the fruit of a special mango tree, which were very sweet. The kings we read about in chapters 6 and 11, used to have permanent armies but some of their solidiers were supplied by Samants. These armymen did not eat fruit but used to eat wheat, rice, etc.
Q.5. Find out more and tell a story from one of the epics.
Ans. There are two important Sanskrit epics, the Ramayana and the Mahabharata. Here we are discussing about Mahabharata. Mahabharata is the name of a famous war fought between Kauravas and Pandavas. The war was fought to capture the throne of Hastinapur. This story was written about 1500 years ago by Ved Vyasa. At the end of the war Pandavas got victory with the help of Lord Krishna
Q. 6. List some steps that can be taken to make buildings and monuments accessible to differently abled people.
Ans. List of some steps that can be taken to make buildings and monuments accessible to differently abled people.
(1) A piece of land-sufficient area for planned building and monument.
(2) Map and layout of the building and monument should be prepared.
(3) Stone, bricks, marbles, cement, iron, wood, glass, precious stones, etc. should be collected and stored before beginning of the construction work.
(4) All types of tools, implements, vessels made of iron and other metal, supposed to be required to carry on construction work.
(5) Skilled and unskilled labourers, engineers, artisans, etc.
(6) Paints, colours, carpenter’s tools and electricity goods, etc.
Q. 7. Try and list as many as uses of paper as you can.
Ans. List of uses of paper:
(1) For writing purpose.
(2) To make books and note books.
(3) To make kites.
(4) To make pictures and paintings.
(5) To make toys and flowers.
Q. 8. If you could visit any one of the places described in this chapter, which would you choose and why ?
Ans. This assignment will be done by students themselves however some guidelines have been provided here.
Students can choose any place of their choice among the places described in this chapter like Mathura, Amravati, Ajanta, Mahabalipuram, Bhitargaon, Aihole, Orissa, New Delhi, etc. Then they will tell why they have choosen that place to visit.