NCERT Class 10 Science Chapter 16 Sustainable Management of Natural Resources Question Answer Solution For School Students of Class 10th. We also Provides Notes and Important Questions for Class 10 Science. NCERT Class 10th Science book is applied in mostly boards like CBSE, HBSE, RBSE, Up Board, MP Board and also some other state boards.
Also Read:- Class 10 Science NCERT Solution
NCERT Class 10 Science Chapter 16 Sustainable Management of Natural Resources Textual Question and Answer for CBSE, HBSE and Other Boards Solution.
Sustainable Management of Natural Resources Class 10 Science Question Answer
Q.1. What changes would you suggest in your house in order to become environment friendly ?
Ans. Following are the changes that we can make in our homes to become environment friendly:
(1) By switching off electric fans and bulbs when not in use.
(2) We can repair the leaking pipes and taps and save er.
(3) Follow three R’s.
(4) We should not throw reusable things in the garbage.
(5) Instead of throwing things, we should try to reuse them.
(6) We should not waste food.
(7) By avoiding the accumulation of garbage and dirty water in our locality.
(8) We should stop the waste flow of water. (9) By using water judiciously.
(10) Storage of domestic garbage in dust bin and its disposal.
Q. 2. Can you suggest some changes in your school which would make it environment friendly ?
Ans. We can make our school environment friendly by the following changes :
(1) We should grow more and more trees in our school.
(2) Suggesting children not to pluck flowers and leaves.
(3) We should avoid the wastage of water.
(4) By making maximum windows in the rooms so that sunlight enters efficiently and less electricity is used.
(5) We should not throw garbage everywhere, infact we should reuse the things.
(6) Toilets should be kept neat and clean.
(7) We should have a control on electricity wastage.
(8) There should be no stagnant water or garbage accumulation near the school.
(9) School should be kept neat and clean.
(10) There should be separate dust bins for in dust and non-biodegradable waste material. It will help in easy sorting of garbage.
Q. 3. We saw in this chapter that there are four main stakeholders when it comes to forest and wildlife. Which among these should have the authority to decide the management of forest products ? Why do you think so ?
Ans. The four main stakeholders are :
(a) People who live in or around forest areas and are dependent on forest products for various aspects of life.
(b) The forest department controls the forest resources and their produce.
(c) Industrialists use tender leaves for making Bidi’s, and paper use forest products for many purposes.
(d) Wildlife and nature enthusiasts who want to conserve nature in its original form.
The local people who live in and around the forest must have more say in deciding the management of forest produce who are dependent on forest from ages. But government should also have some rights so that people do not exploit forest resources. And some rights should also be given to nature enthusiasts because they want to conserve environment in its natural form.
Q. 4. How can you as an individual contribute or make a difference to the management of
(a) forest and wildlife
(b) water resources
(c) coal and petroleum.
Ans. (a) Forest and wildlife. Making people aware about the need to conserve forest and by participating in activities which lay their focus on conserving forest and wildlife. By following the rules of conservation and helping the organisations engaged in the conservation of forest and wildlife. I can give my bit as an individual.
(b) Water resources. By saving water in domestic use and by installing the system of rain water harvesting.
(c) Coal and petroleum. Preventing the wastage of electricity and by minimising the use of electricity. By using common vehicles instead of personal vehicle and save petrol and diesel.
Q. 5. What can you as an individual do to reduce the consumption of various natural resources ?
Ans. (1) By minimizing the use of electricity and by stopping its wastage.
(2) Observing the Principles of 3-R’s.
(3) We should not waste food.
(4) We should avoid wastage of water.
(5) Use cooking gas instead of wood for cooking.
Q. 6. List five things you have done over the last one week to
(1) Conserve our natural resources
(2) Increase the pressure on our natural resources.
Ans. (1) Conserving our natural resources
• By using CFL’s for light.
• Used public transport for school instead parent’s vehicle.
•Used less water in taking bath.
•Participated in environment campaigns. .
(2) Increase the pressure on our natural resources.
• Used more paper than required for printing on computer.
• Forgot to switch off fans while going out.
• Bursted crackers on Diwali.
• Used motorcycle in excess.
• Wasted food.
Q.7. On the basis of the issues raised in this chapter, what changes would you incorporate in your life style in a move towards in a sustainable use of our resources ?
Ans. (1) We should realise that we
are living in a community and are not along.
(2) We should use our resources less and do not waste them.
(3) Obeying the principle of 3R’s (Reuse, Reduce and Recycle.
(4) We should use more public transport instead of personal vehicle.
(5) We should not pollute our environment.
By giving importance of all these things in our life we can take a step towards the sustainable use of resources.