Important Questions with Answer of Class 9 Economics Chapter 1 The Story of Village Palampur for CBSE and HBSE School Students of NCERT Book.
Class 9 Economics Chapter 1 Important Questions
Q. 1 What is the main activity in Palampur?
Answer : Farming
Q. 2 What are the requirements of production?
Answer : Land, Labour, Physical capital and Human capital are the requirement of production.
Q. 3 Modern farming methods require the farmers to start with more cash than before. Why?
Answer : Modern farming methods require the farmers to start with more cash than before because they have to hire tractors, threshers and to purchase HYV seeds, chemical fertilizers and pesticides.
Q. 4 What is the importance of green revolution for the Indian economy?
- The living standard of the farmers has improved.
- The production of food grains has increased many times.
- India has become self sufficient in food grains.
- Agro based industries have got a boost.
Q. 5 What is human Capital? Why human capital formation is necessary?
Answer : Human capital is a factor of production which combines or arrange is the factors of production to produce. It is an active factor of production. It produces goods and services for self consumption or to sell in the market.
Q.6 How did the spread of electricity help farmer in Palampur?
The spread of electricity help farmer in Palampur in many ways:
- Electricity had transformed the system of irrigation.
- It is also a cheap and pollution-free source of irrigation.
- Electricity run tube Wells can irrigate much larger area of land more effectively.
- The Persian wheels are being replaced by tube Wells.
Q. 7 How do the medium and large farmers obtain capital for farming? How is it different from the small farmers?
The medium and large farmers obtain capital for farming from their own saving from production. it is different from the small farmers because small farmers find it difficult to obtain capital from their savings because of small size of their plots, their productivity is not enough and they have to borrow.