NCERT Class 6 Math Exercise 11.1 Solution of Chapter 11 Algebra with explanation. Here we provide Class 6 Maths all Chapters in Hindi for cbse, HBSE, Mp Board, UP Board and some other boards.
Also Read : – Class 6 Maths NCERT Solution
NCERT Class 6 Maths Chapter 11 Algebra Exercise 11.1 Solution in english Medium.
Class 6 Maths Chapter 11 Exercise 11.1 Solution
1. Find the rule which gives the number of matchsticks required to make the following matchstick patterns. Use a variable to write the rule.
(a) A pattern of letter T
(b) A pattern of letter Z
(c) A pattern of letter U
(d) A pattern of letter V
(e) A pattern of letter E
(f) A pattern of letter S
(g) A pattern of letter R
2. We already know the rule for the pattern of letters L, C and F. Some letters from Q.1 give us the same rule as that given by L. Which are these? Why does this happen?
Ans. A and D. The number of matchsticks are required in each of them is 2.
3. Cadets are marching in a parade. There are 5 cadets in a row. What is the rule which gives the number of cadets, given the number of rows?(Use n for the number of rows)
Ans. Let the number of rows = n
Number of cadets in a row = 5
total number of cadets in n rows = 5n
4. If there are 50 mangoes in a box, how will you write the total number of mangoes in terms of the number of boxes?(Use b for the number of boxes)
Ans. Let number of boxes = b
Total number of mangoes in a box = 50
Therefore total number of mangoes in b boxes = 50b
5. The teacher distributes 5 pencils per student. Can you tell how many pencils are needed, given the number of students?( Use s for number of students)
Ans. Let number of students = s
Pencils distributed per student = 5
Therefore total number of pencils = number of students × pencils per students
6. A bird flies 1 kilometer in one minute. Can you express the distance covered by the bird in terms of its flying time in minutes?(Use t for flying time in minutes.)
Ans. t Km
7. Radha is drawing a dot Rangoli ( a beautiful pattern of lines joining dots) with chalk powder. She has 9 dots in a row. How many dots will her Rangoli have for r rows? How many dots are there if there are 8 rows? If there are 10 rows?
Ans. Number of rows = r
Number of dots = 9
Therefore Total Number of dots in r rows = number of dots ×number of rows
= 9×r = 9r
Total number of dots in 8 rows = 9×8 = 72
Total number of dots in 10 rows = 9×10 = 90
8. Leela is Radha’s younger sister. Leela is 4 years younger than Radha. Can you write Leela’s age in terms of Radha’s age? Take Radha’s age to be x years.
Ans. Let Radha’s age be x years.
Leela is 4 years younger than Radha. Therefore Age of Leela = x – 4 years
9. Mother had made laddus. She gives some laddus to guests and family members; still 5 laddus remain. If the number of laddus mother gave away is l, how many laddus did she make?
Ans. Total numbers of Laddus = Laddus given away + Laddus remained
Number of laddus mother gave away = l
Number of laddus remained = 5
Therefore total number of laddus = l + 5
10. Oranges are to be transferred from larger boxes into smaller boxes. When a large box is emptied, the oranges from it fill two smaller boxes and still 10 oranges remain outside. If the number of oranges in a small box are taken to be x, what is the number of oranges in the larger box?
Ans. Number of oranges in a small box = x
Number of oranges in larger box = 2 times the oranges of smaller box + 10
Total number of oranges in larger box = 2x + 10