NCERT Class 10 Science Chapter 4 Carbon and Its Compound MCQ Question Answer Solution For School Students of Class 10th. We also Provides Notes and Important Questions for Class 10 Science. NCERT Class 10th Science book is applied in mostly boards like CBSE, HBSE, RBSE, Up Board, MP Board and also some other state boards.
Also Read:- Class 10 Science NCERT Solution
NCERT Class 10 Science Chapter 4 Carbon and Its Compound MCQ Question and Answer for CBSE, HBSE and Other Boards Solution.
Carbon and Its Compound Class 10 Science MCQ
1 The carbon compounds which contain just carbon and hydrogen are called :
Ans. (A) Alcohol.
2. Molecular formula of Methane is :
Ans. (A) CH4
3. Name the functional group present in ethanol :
Ans. (A) –OH
4. Ethane with the molecular formula C2H6 has
(A) 6 covalent bonds
(B) 7 covalent bonds
(C) 8 covalent bonds
(D) 9 covalent bonds
Ans. (B) 7 covalent bonds.
5. Butanone is a four carbon compound with the functional group
(A) carboxylic acid
Ans. (C) ketone.
6. While cooking, if the bottom of the vessel is getting blackened on the outside. it means that
(A) the food is not cooked completely.
(B) the fuel is not burning completely
(C) the fuel is wet.
(D) the fuel is burning completely.
Ans. (B) the fuel is not burning completely.
7. In homologous series difference between successive compounds is
(A) CH2 unit
(B) H2 unit
(C) CH3 unit
(D) CH4 unit
Ans. (A) CH2 unit.
8. Allotropes of carbon are
(D) all of the above.
Ans. (D) all of the above.
9. Atomic number of carbon is
Ans. (C) 6
10. Formula of ethanol is
Ans. (A) CH3CH2OH.
11. Functional group of carboxylic acid is
12. The general formula of alkenes is
(A) CnH2n + 2
(B) CnH2n + 1
(D) CnH2n – 2
Ans. (C) CnH2n